You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘savings’ tag.
Last year over 14,000 train tickets were issued for travel by BT people from Ipswich. If you have to travel by train for business there are a few suggestions to make your journey more convenient and help save ££’s
Top tips for travellers to save on rail fares:
- Book as far ahead as you can to take advantage of the cheapest Advance fares
- Avoid purchasing last minute and on the day of travel unless in an emergency, as this will be the most expensive way to travel
- Travel Off Peak: Avoid arriving into London before 10am, and departing between 1630-1900 if possible
- Split your tickets at Manningtree or Colchester if possible to travel in peak time to save against the full fare from Ipswich <> London (can save up to £19 per return)
- Best Fare Finder: this allows you to view the cheapest ticket for the journey by week and month, allowing you to plan your journey in the most cost effective way.
- Advance fares are non-refundable, but they are exchangeable up to 2 hours before the original departure time for the same route subject to any fare difference.
We are always seeking ways of encouraging more sustainable forms of travel, which can also be more convenient and cost effective. Do let us know if you have any suitable suggestions.
Adastral Park Travel Plan Manager