Adastral Park Electric Vehicle Showcase
BT Adastral Park installed its first electric vehicle charging point in 2008 to demonstrate our belief in EV’s as the future for transport. That year the G-Wiz had been in production for 7 years and Tesla’s Roadster had just been released in the USA.
Times have changed: Nissan are enjoying strong sales in the UK with their new Leaf, a Vauxhall Ampera is regularly seen by the charger outside the Hub, alongside a G-Wiz. BMW released the i3 in March and are now selling their i8 hybrid and the Renault Zoe is coming up to its 2nd anniversary.
A EV-ent showcase took place at Adastral on Tuesday 23 September with a stunning, static display of vehicles and selection available to test drive on the day too.
Here are some pictures from the day (Photos (c) Lee Wilkinson).
The list of vehicles and suppliers for the day included:
Tesla: London store
- Model S (test drives available on the day*, age restricted to 25 years and over)
BWM: Coopers’ Norwich
- i8 executive saloon EXCLUSIVE
- i3 (test drives available on the day*, age restricted to 25 years and over)
- C Evolution electric scooter
Nissan: Glyn-Hopkin, Ipswich
Renault: Bristo’s of Ipswich
- Zoe small family car (test drives available on the day*)
- Twizy urban compact 2 seater (test drives available on the day*)
- Kangoo ZE Commercial van
Vauxhall : Marshalls of Ipswich
- Ampera four seater saloon (test drives for BT people only*)
Private loan: for display only (Car Park E)
- Peugoet iOn – four seater hatchback [thanks to Stewart Bethell]
- Citroen Zero – four seater hatchback [thanks to Graham Seabrooke]
* both parts of your driving licence required to be shown if you wish to test drive any vehicle on the day, and an age limit may be applicable. Test drives operated on a first come basis for a 10-15 minute short drive. Disclaimer to be signed before being allowed to drive, or contact the dealers above to arrange directly, available throughout the day from 10am – 4pm
subject to availability
Note: This is an exclusive event available only to those based at Adastral Park (open to all Innovation Martlesham companies, BT employees and third party organisations working on site).